2022 Yamaha YZ125 Pistons: New Age 2-Stroke Performance
Pistons Designed and Tested for the 2022 Yamaha YZ125 2-Stroke
Engineered, developed, and manufactured in-house in Wiseco's Ohio, USA facility, Wiseco is proud to announce a purpose-engineered forged piston lineup for Yamaha's latest 125 two-stroke platform.
A long awaited update to the beloved 125cc premix-burner from Yamaha finally came to two-stroke lovers with the 2022 YZ125, so what does that mean for us? Well, if you're riding a 125 like it should be (wide open), chances are you'll need to do a top end sooner rather than later.
Sticking to the eight-decade, Wiseco 2-stroke fashion, we don't want to just copy an OEM part and call it a day. We documented the key development stages of our new, '22 YZ125 piston design in the three major steps: Engineering, Testing (thanks to Dirt Bike TV), and Development. The final result is a range of forged pistons for the '22 YZ125 to fit any riding or racing level.
All '22 YZ125 piston kits include high-quality piston ring, high-strength wrist pin, and circlips.
Offered in Three Different Two-Stroke Piston Series
|Part Number||Description||Bore Size|
|899M05400||2022 Yamaha YZ125 ProLite Forged Piston Kit||54.00mm|
|899M05600||2022 Yamaha YZ125 ProLite Forged Piston Kit +2mm||56.00mm|
|900M05400||2022 Yamaha YZ125 GP Series Forged Piston Kit||54.00mm|
|RE931M05400||2022 Yamaha YZ125 Racer Elite Forged Piston Kit||54.00mm|
2022 YZ125 Pistons Available Now and into September depending on the part number.
Check with your favorite online parts retailer or local dealer
or Call Wiseco to get one on Order! 1-800-321-1364 or 440-951-6600
- ProLite (899M05400 & 899M05600)
- Drop-in, forged replacement optimizes greater strength-to-weight ratio over OEM part
- Additional forced pin oiling improves small end bearing and wrist pin lubrication
- ArmorGlide skirt coating reduces skirt and cylinder wear and improves performance through reduced operating friction
- Offered in +2mm overbore option for higher displacement builds
- GP Series (900M05400)
- Forged material offers increased tensile strength over OEM cast components and lightening operations result in approximately 7-gram weight savings over OEM
- Proprietary ArmorX coating in critical areas provides highly protective thermal barrier, reducing heat-induced damage and wear, and preventing ring microwelding
- Shares the same ArmorGlide skirt coating and pin oiling benefits as ProLite
- Racer Elite (RE931M05400)
- Forged from 2000-series alloy, offering maximized strength-to-weight ratio with the highest tensile strength and lightest weight. Ideal for high load, racing applications
- Shares the same thermal protection and pin oiling benefits of GP Series piston with ArmorX coating
- ArmorFit skirt coating conforms to cylinder for optimized clearance and reduced friction and wear
In addition to in-house engine dyno testing, Wiseco's new YZ125 piston design was tested in real world riding situations and closely validated afterward.
Each piston improves strength-to-weight ratio over OEM utilizing high tensile strength forged material and lightening operations, simultaneously improving longevity and performance.
Piston dome design matches OEM squish band design for precise operation and assembled specs.